Thursday, 10 February 2011

Long Distance

At last, here it is, my new track Long Distance.

I wrote this song for Mrs Dog back in 2002 when we'd been together for just under a year. We'd just finished university and were living apart for a couple of months before going to spend a year living in New Zealand. Mrs Dog is a massive pop punk fan and I wanted to write her a song in this style.

Long Distance was written on the acoustic guitar but I've never made a proper recording of this song until now. Whilst working on the arrangement and recording I listened to lots of New Found Glory, Elemeno P, Fenix TX and Simple Plan to try and find the elements that are used in making a song fit the genre.

I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy it. Sounds like Mrs Dog has great taste in music!

    ReplyDelete